Sunday, July 10, 2005

I am a friend of God

God Almighty
Lord of Glory
You have called me friend


We sang this new song during yesterday's evening service. How amazing it is, that the Almighty God, the Lord of Glory calls us his friends!

John 15:13-15

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends ... I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you."

Knowing that God is my Friend is very endearing for me. For then He is someone that I can trust, confide in and journey with. And hey this Friend is not mere an ordinary friend. He is God who loves me. He is God who died for me. He is God who heals ...

Thankful that I got 2 prayer blessings from Sally and Lian yesterday evening. I know that God delights in my worship to Him. Even more, He wants to release me of the heavy weights on my heart.

Rem last week at Expo during the opening nite of the Love S'pore Prayer & Fasting. Ps Eugene asked the congregation to break their lightsticks together. This unified action is a symbolism of allowing God to break us so that we can be used for Him. In my mind I was thinking, wah I'm already feeling very broken already liao loh. Nevertheless, I too prayerfully asked God to break some more, surrendering my life to Him.

All in all, God doesn't despise broken people. He uses them for His ministry. Praise God!

No comments: