Saturday, February 03, 2007

Sanctification Week for me

I thought I wanted to sleep at 10 .. but now I'm still up. Hee. Anyway, good to update my blog as and when.

The Sanctification Week came and went. 3 days .. *poofed* and it's gone. 2 things hit me strongly then and they're still in my heart: Identity in Christ and Passion for the Word.

Did I tell you that some weeks back, I heard God say "Know who you are in Christ" while I was crossing the road to my bus stop one morning? Subsequently I realised that I have been feeding on packs of lies, negative thoughts abt myself. No wonder. Seriously I was thinking what went wrong that I kept feeling so defeated, so unable to serve God, so small and inadequate. At the 2nd night of the Sanctification Week, I laid down my own view of myself at the altar of God. I refused to think badly of myself. I accepted what God thinks of and says of me. It blew my mind when Ps. Eugene, representing God the Father, told us "I am proud of you." I mean, I couldn't fully believe that God is proud of me. I always thought I could have done more, be more Christlike etc. Why God, you are proud of me for who I am now? Even now, I still feel pretty overwhelmed by the truth. God is proud of me! He is passionate about me!

Sometimes I wonder, how come Christians can be so like any other person, going through day after day, routine, pursuing material things. Myself included. There has to be a distinction isn't it? In terms of life goals, purpose, passsion. What truly marks the difference between a sinner saved by grace and a pre-believer still .. lost. 1 salvation, many heart conversions. With no conversion of hearts, no one will see God.. in us.

Many a times, reading the Bible was a .. chore. I'ts like, you have to read your notes to pass your exams. Ps Eugene addressed that aptly last night. The Bible is not a textbook or instruction manual. It is God's love letters to me! I often felt that I owe God the timeslot to do my devotion with Him.. failing of which due to laziness/ busyness will result in feelings of gulit. God says "I yearn to spend time with you. I yearn to speak with you." It's a love relationship between the Heavenly Father (Son and Holy Spirit) and the earthly human. I need to renew my mind God has a special word for me everyday. I don't want to go through the motion of "doing QT" and miss the very essence of what God wants to do.

This morning, I tried the "Everyday before meal" approach of reading the Word of God before breakfast. It's tough man. Just woke up and so sleepy. And hungry. Ok, I pulled up the curtain and started to ask God to speak to me cos I wanted to hear Him! And I knew that He wanted to speak to me. Ok .. I read John 6 ... not much relevation leh ... I think I still need to get used to this. Feels nice to greet God "Good morning!". Was just reading the Word at abt 8-9pm. Could feel the Spirit stir in my heart. We communicated and all. It was a good time .. but I want MORE! Room for more hunger though.

A simple prayer for this year: God, show me Your Son Jesus. Help me to be like Him.

No comments: