Tuesday, February 20, 2007

CNY

Today is the 3rd day of CNY already. And there is still have more visiting in the queue :)

Wow, this year, quite a packed CNY. Rem that last year, almost all the visiting is done in the first day and the rest of the days are kind of free.

Kelvin and I went to each others' family and relatives' houses to bai nian. A new experience for me. Just some small talk here and there, watching TV, feasting.. the usual stuff. But ya, that's one step forward in building our relationship and working towards the assumptions :P

Let me recollect the series of events:

Day 1 -
1. Service at Expo
2. My uncle's house at Pasir Ris
3. Kelvin's grandma house at Lakeside
4. My grandma house at West Coast

Day 2 -
1. Kelvin comes for lunch at my place
2. Kelvin's grandma house at Bishan
3. Ah lian's house at Clementi
4. Ps Jeffrey's place at Outram

And counting....

Felt quite ministered at the CNY service. The Holy Spirit spoke powerfully through Ps. Lawrence. Barely on the first point of the sermon, I was like tearing away. Hee thanks JY for the tissues but no prob I got mine. It's still about God's love. It overwhelms me that God loves us so much - beyond our works and accomplishments. Had shared with Huisi on this some time back, God also spoke on this during the Sancification weekend (thru Ps Eugene), and now through Ps Lawrence. Guess it's spoken by a different authority now. But the passage is consistent: Know that God loves me unconditionally. Nothing to prove. Nothing to lose.

Feel that God is humbling me. From the stage of, Lord I can do this or that for you (using my talents/abilities) to, Lord I cannot do anything without you. It's about going beyond what I cannot do or finds it hard to do, to just rest in God's love. To have that kind of blessed restedness in the Lord. To know that He still loves me. He has always loved me and will always love me.

I'm reminded of God's covenant of love with us:

1. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, my faithful love promised to David. (Isa 55:3)
2. I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. (Jer 31:3)

And a promise He has laid upon my heart:

Surely you will summon nations you know not, and nations that do not know you will hasten to you, because of the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, for He has endowed you with splendor. (Isa 55:5)

No comments: