Went to the Water Park in Hanoi last Sunday. Very FUN!! It reminds me of the good old Fantasy Island we had in Sentosa.
For this event, I especially bought a swim wear. Hee my business partner Trung got to bring me on his motorbike in search for a swim wear I can LIKE. We went to several shops before I chanced upon a blue striped one - only for S$5.50! Can you believe it? Ha but the quality is quite bad lah. Not even sure if I can still keep it for my next dive trip...
Towards the end of a slide-filled day, we had the luxury of relaxing in the wave pool. You know the pool where periodically water waves will be stimulated. We were talking about BGR (couldn't escape the topic even when in Vietnam) and my criteria for choosing a partner. So I got to explain all over (as usual) about why I'm so adamant about choosing a Christian guy - and a "spiritually sound" one. I received very incredulous responses and I think that was the first time he ever heard about such "policy".
I went on to share a bit about my conversion process, about God's love and His plan for me. He asked, "So do you know your plan now?"
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -- Jer 29:11
I guess there has been a change in my mindset in regards to knowing God's plan for my life. At the very beginning, I received Jesus as my Lord because I wanted Him to show His plan for my life, my destiny. Instant gratification. I want to know what's ahead now. I want to take the shortest route to reach my destination. No detours please thank you.
As I began to know more about Christianity, about God, I realised that hey, God tend to show me His plan one step at a time.
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." -- Ps 119:105
He lights up a step ahead, and I take 1 step forward. Sometimes, He may choose not to light the path for me, and I'm supposed to step out in faith. Other times, He shows me a vision, the big picture stuff, that about sums up the reason for my existence - but can be a bit vague still.
Right now, His plan for me is to come to Vietnam, to work with Income for another 3 years, to work some family "historical" issues. In time to come, I will tell of His wonderous love to the nations. And the all time purpose: I will worship Him and adorn Him as my King and my Lord.
God has a plan for me. Thank you Jesus.
Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment