Finally finally finally - Lynn is back blogging again. Gotta keep this one short, sharp and sweet. My "little" bro is waiting in the Q for his Diablo II.
I'm excited about the new year. Esp after had a glimpse of our church's direction for 2005: Build family, Renew worship, Engage destiny. And also having finished reading 2 books on following Jesus and pursuing DREAMS for God, I feel like I'm ready to leap into 2005 - or am I not?
Say, I've thought about God-related ministries like cell group, sisters (outside cell group), vocal, missions .. and God's chosen "office" mission for me in Income. All these form my DREAM for God.
My dream : To see the multitudes, in different tongues and from different nations, worship the Lord God Almighty.
*** 2004 ***
Cell group has gone homgeneous. Yes, no more guys. The 4 gals + 1 are still trying to fulfill God's mandate to love one another.. Say, I truly thank God for my sister who has risen to the calling of God to lead the group. Definitely not easy. I'm trying my best to support her whenever and however I can. I'm truly grateful for the times she stood by me when the skies were dark and gloomy, and by prayers and support, the clouds cleared and there - rainbow =)
I love my sisters (you know who) in the ministry. Thank God for the unique friendship formed between 3 uniquely different individuals. All made possible because of the love of God that binds our hearts together. We tried to meet as often as we can - hee most of the time hanging out in cafes, sometimes in ICE-CREAM cafes (",) Thank God for discount vouchers, for organised retreats to places like Muar, Batam, for Gelare, Coffee Club, ECP, Pasta Mania, BUTS ..etc. You got the idea ya? ("p) Yes, I'm proud of them - and us - that we are all serving God in areas we are good at and enjoy most. =)
The Lord has been very faithful to me in my desire to grow in worship. I've learnt to be more FREE in my expression as worship to God during praise and worship. And I'm excited that we are gonna infect the WHOLE YouthNet to do this as well! Renew worship in our services! I thank God for the passionate and REAL vocal leaders who gave themselves to the service of the Lord. Thank God also for the friends I've made. Finally, thank God for being so evidently Emmanuel (God with us) during our rehearsals and on stage.
Missions - sounds overwhelmingly distant and forlorn? For me, there's a tint (understatement?) of disappointment that I didn't embark on this last year. There was a long wait for the Lord's affirmation, followed by some alarm bells going off, lack of support .. sadly followed by disinterest and personal priorities that got in the way. Part of God's moulding process. But I truly hope that this year will be different. God, please pave the way for me.
My department (office) is really great! Good (or should I say wonderful) boss. Made some friends out of colleagues. I got to do presentations, analyse business statistics, writing and research assignments, liaison with internal and external people - things that I like to do. On top of these, I passed my 2 actuarial papers last Sept. God has indeed been very faithful to me.
*** 2005 ***
Looking forward to serving God in vocal and missions. Serving cell group with songs and guitar. Yes, more mega praise sessions! Passing more actuarial papers. Grow in excellence in work. Loving my family, my sisters, and those around.
Know it's a kinda short para for 2005. Oh well, let God fill up the rest. Life's more exciting when it's less predictable? Faith factor.
("p)
Sunday, January 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Update your new blog addy? Then people would know how to look for you right?
tink it's inevitable.. hee at least there is a 1st level sift :p
Post a Comment