Thank God for the smooth proceedings of the wedding ceremony, the songs, dinner and yes, the weather - I was praying that it won't rain! So happy!
Was doing my quiet time on the morning of my colleagues' wedding day. Was reflecting on the following verse:
"Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise–the fruit of lips that confess his name."
(Heb 13:15)
Exactly! The songs we would be singing would be our worship to the Lord. The lyrics really speaks of God's love, goodness, and promises to the wedding couple. Really, I felt that the songs were to be sung as a testimony of the Lord's love and sovereignty to the guests - amongst which are many pre-believers.
So I sang freely to the crowd and to the Lord, raising hands at certain lyrics.. sensed the freedom to worship my King (",) Thank God for His empowerment, for protecting and using my voice. No off-key. Can reach the high notes. Drag that long sentence. Other than at the beginning (I feel) my rhythm is a bit off here and there, overall it's really our (the musicians' and other vocalists') BEST performance!
Really thank God also for the new friends that I've made out of the musicians. Afterall we are all brothers and sisters in Christ. A great bunch of people whom individually knows the bride in one way or another. The one desire is to bless the couple with our talents that God has so richly blessed us with.
For really,
"I am a friend to all who fear (God)."
(Psalms 119:63a)
We are in the midst of conjuring our group's name.. "JKL on song"? hee so fun ("p)
--------------------------------------------
A joyous event
Wonderful company
Fond memories
Emmanuel
Sunday, January 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment