Sunday, November 07, 2004

A time of Jubilee

Awesome. Privileged. Jubilant.

It was really an honour to serve the Lord in the choir last evening. Throughout the week, as I was looking through the lyrics of the songs, I just told God that indeed, I wanted to trade all my sorrows and my pain for the joy of the Lord, and lay all my burdens at the foot of the wondrous Cross. It was a conscious effort even during the Friday night rehearsal. But praise be to God, I felt that the JOY of the Lord was just exuded as I worshipped Him with all my heart on stage. Truly, I just wanted to CELEBRATE His love and what God has done for me.

As what a brother puts it, the radiance and joy of the Lord is contagious. I felt that the congregation was very lifted up as we blessed the name of the Lord together. In fact, personally I was ministered by the enthusiasm of the crowd and by the word "let go" released by Pastor Gee, and by the songs sang over the mikes by our vocal team. We also had great fun on the stage as we led the congregation with our choreographed actions. Thought it was the most fun one as we conjured some really new actions for the praise songs. It took us some team effort and coordination! :)

At the end of the service, I could just say, God thanks for using us. All praises, glory and honour be to You.

---------------------------------------------



Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth. (John 4:23-24)

1 comment:

Joshua Kwah said...

Hey lynn! YES! It is an honor to serve. God has always been FAITHFUL flowing through us. The joy we felt was overflowing into the congregation. My eyes caught this group of guys dancing and praising God. "Exhanging" their burdens. Wat a joy! And to see the congre following our choreograph, brought a BIG smile on my face. Know you had a rough pass week, now that you've traded your sorrows for His joy=], be single mindedly available this week to Him, may your spirit be still and wait on Him as you work. Look forward to serve Him again! Our awesome Jesus Christ who is the same yesterday, today and forever! Belongs all the glory! AMEN!