It was not about a single issue of forgiveness regarding a single person. It's also not about X. In fact, God has placed X in my life to reveal something that I needed to renounce: Rejection
As God revealed (ok I obeyed and sat up on my bed - no more "trying to nap"), I realised that I've faced rejection by people all my life.. since primary school! Man, what a long list of history to forgive and renounce! I jotted down every single event in my life which I could still remember that pointed itself to rejection:
From primary school where I felt accused by a classmate for not contributing to a project, to secondary school NPCC squad that felt left out of the "dou" family, to JC days where I felt rejected from the clique of 8 gals, to my previous church where I felt not accepted by the youth group, to a sister whom I felt doesn't share to me about her life, and to X whom I felt doesn't want to even know me in the first place.Oh well, one by one I forgave, renouced out of my life, committed to the Lord.
Matthew 21:42
The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes.
Jesus came to be rejected by men - those that He loves. He understands rejection more than anyone. Carolyn: See what Judas did to Jesus. He hai4 si3 ta1 leh and knowing that he will do that, Jesus nevertheless, as a Teacher, washed Judas' feet. Great is the love of our Lord...
From all these, I learnt the importance of basing my security in Christ - always. God never forsakes or leaves me; He loves and accepts me for who I am. Rejection, I feel, is almost inevitable in this world. People (including myself) are imperfect. Knowingly or unknowing, we hurt one another. The crux of it is really to see how God sees me. Always be assured of His abundant love for me.
People around have observed that lynn has somewhat lost her bubbliness like 1 year ago. That's how long the issue with X has been and accumulated. Disappointment and rejection has led to a gal not wanting to open up anymore. It seemed so dumb to open up and be vulnerable and getting stabbed right in the heart. Inspired by a then vibrant cell leader, she took the initative to call up FRIENDS of the cell in turn. But having lost hope - the very word that God spoke to her 2 few weeks before the matter blew - the days seemed greyer with each sunset..
Listening to this song "Come into My Presence child" by CFNI now.. just brought tears to my eyes. The Father is calling:
Come into My Presence child
Don't run from me
I long to be with you
Into My presence child
Don't hide from me I long to see you
Come .. be set free
Come .. and be healed
Come .. see what I can see
Thank God for saving me. Thank God for setting me free. Thank God for healing me. The joy of the Lord is my strength. How lovely is the Lord my God. Praise the Lord. Hallelujah!
---------------------
Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

No comments:
Post a Comment