The little boy struggles to listen for the sound of sleigh bells ringing, jostles among the crowd to see Santa - to reach out and touch him. Suddenly, he feels like he is in the world of his own. He simply can't hear the sleigh bells ringing even as the reindeers are galloping hysterically, nor can he see Santa at whom the crowd of elves and the other children are waving and cheering enthusiastically.
He is at just the age when the existence of Santa Claus is up for discussion. He DOUBTS the whole thing about Christmas and Santa.In his dire desperation, with his eyes closed, he confesses with his lips, "I believe. I believe. I believe." The boy begins to HEAR the sleigh bells. O the most beautiful sound in the world. "What is it that you just said?" He is pleasantly taken aback to SEE Santa standing right in front of Him...
The scene reminds me of a biblical account of the woman with the blood issue:
A large crowd was following and pressing around Jesus. And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. She said to herself, "If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed." Coming up behind him, she touched the edge of his cloak. Immediately she was healed. Jesus turned and saw her. He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering."
A crowd of people. A crying desperation. A simple faith. A life-changing, irrevocable encounter with the One.
------------------------
Closing this year and peering into 2005, I will have a list of items to believe God in, in terms of family, ministry, friends, work ..etc. Feel that this movie is pretty timely in stirring and building up faith in the Lord before I sit down properly and pen down my thoughts with the Lord. Nearing year end, I tend to always feel a tinge of nostalgy mixed with anticipation for the year ahead. Yet another year will pass. Lynn will be 1 calendar year older .. whatever .. stay tune for Reflections 2004.
------------------------
At his juncture, feel that Jesus may be asking some of us, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" (Matt 9:28)
Whatever, your "this" may be, would your answer be "Yes Lord."?
Or you have problem believing, would you say,"I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" (Mark 9:24)
For He says, "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.. Everything is possible for him who believes" [in accordance to the will of God the Father] (Matt 21:22, Mark 9:23)
------------------------
[**Disclaimer: I totally, absolutely do not believe in Santa Claus. He is only depicted in this posting to draw some parallelism with Jesus Christ.]
Saturday, November 27, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment