Sunday, September 17, 2006

NUS Dance Ensemble

A rarity that I'm home and pretty free ... here goes my once-in-a-blue-moon blog entry:

Went for NUS Dance Ensemble last evening with Cindy and Kelvin. Well, I happened to have free tixs for this .. so why not? Besides, I'm always interested in watching dance performances .. perhaps cos I was involved in dance in my pri sch days? haha .. Anyway, my company sponsored the NUS dance festival that stretches for the whole month of Sep. There were therefore a stream of free tixs going around, which I think some tixs were not even redeemed.

Was pretty impressed with the dance steps, choro, costumes, lightings and all. Oops but some of the costumes quite stumbling. Oh well, though I find it still quite normal .. inevitable in the arts scene? I like especially 2 of the dances. One is something like a futuristic dance. .. cute costumes .. good choice for using this as the opening dance.

The other one that I like is the chinese contemp dance. It mixes oriental music and dance moves with western ballet. The guys did a lot of workout flipping the gals around, carrying them on slits etc.

Ok lah, some of the dances, I find are a bit boring? Repetitive, common dance steps .. I'm sorry, I fell asleep at the 2nd last or last dance. The music was good haha.

No comments: