Saturday, December 11, 2004

2004 - An Offering to the Lord

It's the time of the year again to consolidate the events of the year and to celebrate the Lord's goodness in my walk with Him. Nearing last year, as I peered into 2004 then, I sensed that 2004 gonna be a year of moulding and preparation for greater things (for the glory of God). At the outset of this year, I chose my personal theme song for 2004: I Offer My Life.

A snapshot of Lynn's 2004:

Jan - Affirmative!
------------------
* God showed me Jos 3:5, where Joshua told the people,"Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you."
* Subsequently in March, our youth pastor called for a Week of Sanctification. I knew in my heart that it was from the Lord.

Feb - MagicBox
--------------
* Made my debut at MagicBox. It was a step of courage for me as I always had this self-consciousness of singing in front of people - what more a crowd!
* Was very blessed by Darren (who gave me a Smith bandage thingy to clutch so as to ease my apparent nervousness), Shaun (for just his presence and support), Joyce (for her prayers and encouragement thru'out practices and on the nite of performance), Eleen (for jioing her whole cell group to come and support), Jimm and Co (for giving me the opportunity to sing), my sister Belle (for being there plus a stalk of Gerbera), Roland (for his words of affirmation), Ian and Evelyn (for making their way there) .. and God for always showing up at our practices and refreshing our spirits with His Holy Presence (",)

Mar - Muar Retreat
------------------
* Ist nite: God's word pierced my soul like a sword. Deut 5:7-8, "You shall have no other gods before me.. you shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything .. on the earth"
* God spoke to me that my budding career and my actuarial studies are becoming my god, my idol that I worship.
* Day 2: And again, God released the same word thru' Ps Rachel when she prayed for me. I responded in my spirit,"Yes Lord I surrender." Almost immediately I felt the Holy Spirit come down upon me. He gonna slain me! (pls ask me if u dunno what that means; I wld love to explain to u) I bent forward to regain my balance but a tremendous force pushed me back .. and I'm on the floor. Man!

Apr - Exam cum Project Fever
----------------------------
* On my way home one evening, I vividly hear Him say to me,"When you come to the end of yourself, you will know that I Am God."
* Subsequently, during worship at Leaders' Meeting (at AMK), Jimm saw a vision from the Lord of a clear folder with pages flipping. Word released: The best is yet to be. Yes the best is yet to be - until I flip to the end of the folder.. and come to the end of myself.

May - Reef Conservation
-----------------------
* Shared my testimony of the love and reality of God with a friend during the dive trip. Praise God that he went to Church shortly after and received Christ!

Jun - CP, Vocal audition, Exam Failure
--------------------------------------
* Voluntarily rotated to Corporate Planning whilst still handling my actuarial project. Was quite tough but thank God for nice colleagues and superiors.
* With a heart desiring to serve God in the vocal ministry, I went for the audition - singing my 2004 theme song - and i cleared (",)
* Near end of the month received my actuarial exam results - negative. Struggled with the Lord regarding my ability to pursue actuarial as a profession

Jul - Advance diving, Errors, Encounter
---------------------------------------
* Clinched my advance diving licence after 3 days 2 nites at the dive lodge.
* The pricing project that I had been working on day and night was finally launched. Within a few days, errors were detected in the rates. Letters were sent to policyholders. MAS notified. We stopped the sales. Feelings of disappointment, frustation, stress and abandonment were so hard to bear. But God came for me. Sisters supported me. And the worst was finally over.
* Brought a sister to Encounter. Prayed for her and felt the power of God sweep through her soul. Strongholds broken. Baptised by the Holy Spirit. Now after the Encounter, the rest is up to her ...

Aug - Storm, Worship
--------------------
* It must be the season. THE Storm erupted again. 2 gals got locked out of their home. Shouts. Threats. Super drama. The season has since passed .. or has it not?
* Worship the Lord on the platform for the first time. Personally touched by the crowd of people worshipping the Lord passionately.

Sep - Exam Prep
---------------
* Explored various libraries in S'pore for study spots. Revision had been relaxing. The papers a breeze. Thank God that I passed finally! =)

Oct - Bonding
-------------
* Jogging at the Esplanade has become a lifestyle for my colleagues and I. Got to know them better too. (",)
* Organised a Malacca trip for my family in conjunction with my mum's birthday. It was SWEET :)
* Day out at East Coast Park with the vocal ministry folks. Great time of worshipping the Lord, games, fun and laughter!
* The 3 gals and their favourite ice-cream: Gelare!

Nov - More bonding
------------------
* Batam: Yak thru' the nites, swim, worship, games
* Chalet: Time of get-tgr and reliving fond memories
* CP: Decided to stay on in Corporate Planning. The section is becoming like a family (",)

Dec - Stay tune ...

2 comments:

Darren Foo said...

Realli cool reflections...may God continue to give u oil in the lamp, keep it burning x3! So inspiring, I also want to write my reflections hehee. But I won't do it until 2004 is over cos I'm still hoping for miracles even if the days of 2004 are numbered. So I pray the same for u, tat u will hav to faith to fruit Dec. Aww...u still rem the bandage...=)

lovely said...

Hee thks for the encouragement bro!
You too keep the flame BURNING!
Yup more things be coming up in Dec - that's y I said "Stay tune" mah ("p)
Yuppie yup, definitely remember the bandage. It has been embedded in the process of the making of Lynn (",)