Saturday, October 23, 2004

I've decided

Heh the above title reminds me of an old worship song that goes:
"I've decided to follow Jesus ... no turning back, no turning back" Yes, that's precisely 1 major decision, or rather the most major decision in my life I had made after Sec. 4. Definitely, no turning back. For that matter, I wldn't want to anyway. :)

Yes, I've decided to stay in Corporate Planning (CP) for at least the next months. Lynn decided not to go back to Actuarial (AT). I had this dilemma for some time, especially as my term in CP is ending. Had individual "career counselling" with Esmond, Dar vei , also Larry. I'm glad that after some mind bloggering days and nights, and of asking God His "suggestion", of tuning myself to hearing Him, I finally lay every burden down. I asked myself lots of questions: What do I enjoy doing? What makes me happy? What does I want to do? I guess these questions are legitimate, funny is I'm only answering them now. Guess for many years, I mean since schooling days, I ven't really asked myself these questions. It's always, what I can do best in, what gives me the best opportunities nad prospects. Finally I'm here in Income. And in a way, I get to decide my own future. Definitely be here for another 4 years. At this point of time, no strong incentive for refuting this. So the decision is set. I will do research and business development stuff in CP, including whatever adhoc things that come along. I will continue to do my actuarial papers. Actually doing my exams here in CP is simply marvelous. No way I'll be allowed to go for study break 2 weeks in 1 stretch. Really thank God for Esmond and the flexibility I enjoy here. :)

Phew, what a long paragraph I've written up there. It's has been a week since my "confirmation" in CP. Things (projects) are coming in swiftly. And I'm happy to help out to free up the hands of my bosses and colleagues in some areas. Busy but manageable. The people are just as nice and friendly. In particular, I think I must really give credit to this cute "boy" in my section whom I kept "railing" at him to "get lost". So rude of me hor? hee just kidding lah, who ask him keep "disturbing" me? hahaha. Ya, he's actually very gentlemanly. Was not bad to me when last evening I was having such severe stomach cramps, that I couldn't make it to serve God in the choir later :(. Yes, talking about the cramps, I had great difficulties trying to find a comfortable position to sleep on my bed. Every turn, or just lying dormant, is ouch x 10 ^6. Anyway, seen my doc this morn and thank God for all the saints who prayed, this gal is feeling much better now. :)

Oh how I digress, I've always prided myself on being focused and on my writing skills.. hee

------------------------------
Open the eyes of my heart Lord.
I want to see You.

1 comment:

Jeremiah said...

Glad to hear that you've settled your work... guess I'm not that consistent in my blog.... Published only the 1st and one in draft plus 2 of your websites and that's all....

Today is my cell group day.... still planning... You removed your personal page... bit sad... but ya... It hit home on my brain though and I remembered.... but really all the best for you...

The past I can't erase, the future I can't decide, I make most of now. Praise be to God that He is with me, yesterday, today and forever more =)) Hallelujah!!

Happy working in Income =))

Just me,
Jeremiah Liew

Matthew 6:33 (NIV)
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.