Then I sensed the Lord say,"Be Patient. Your occupation is being a farmer." Patience (long suffering), I believe, is something not acquired, but developed through time and trials. I had planned to go for a mission trip to Myannmar with a missions agency. The idea was "vetoed" after Pastor Lawrence's sermon on FCBC's vision, relating to doing missions with a strategy (G12). I'm not sure what God has in store for me. I'm not sure if I'm even going for a trip this year.
I thank God for the few seeds that He has given me. I feel that I'm commissioned to help the seeds bud and blossom. I also thank God that He has called me to be His minister through music, as a worshipper. Being a farmer and worshipper, these are some things that I'll be doing for a lifetime. Guess I can relinquish being a farmer when I meet my Maker. But the term of a worshipper extends to Eternity ...
James 5:7
Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains.

My interpretation: Keep watering, persevere, regardless of the results, and the Lord Himself will cause the seeds to grow and blossom.

No comments:
Post a Comment