Monday, May 17, 2004

It's a girl!

Somewhere in the quiet neighbourhood, a lovely girl is born... :p

Dad is a "strong silent" type. Used to: Seldom talk. Even if he does, he'll be "blowing the roof" off. These days: Life seems pretty peaceful at home. Find myself able to hold conversations with him (SO v much unlike in the past when i resent him so much. God is GOOD!)

Mum is a person who sacrifices herself for this family tremendously. My role model of LOVE thru' acts of service. Used to take her for granted. But these days I've learnt to appreciate her more, and help out in the household chores - Lord I do all the "chores" for Your glory!

Grew up with my 2 bros. Sister was "exported" over to my granny's place cos too many kids, my mum cldn't handle. I played all the guys' toys; hanged out a deal with the neighbourhood kids. Things we do: threw neighbours' shoes down the flats, climbed trees... and getting chased by dogs. Took me some years to adjust myself to be more "gal-ish". Though now still have certain % of "guy-ish" characteristics in me :p

Wasn't too friendly with my sis when she came back to live with us. Lotsa comparsions were made between the both of us by pple ard - and I was always the "loser" I felt. Lotsa healing and restoration took place over the years after I received Jesus in my life. Now both of us are attending the same church (fcbc). During one of the conferences we had, we actually held each other in a long embrace for the 1st time; I felt as if some bondages in the spiritual realm have been broken. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn,

Glad that God is transforming you from glory to glory and his healing is flowing into your life and family =)) Nice blog you have!

Apart from your shorter hair style, dint notice the boyish part of thee =)) Haha.... too little interaction... cos I missed the beach outing ;p cos I was doing my sliming programme with Singapore Arm Forces and they pay me to do it-KEKEKE! YES-I finally completed it for this work year! Hallelujah =D

God bless and have a nice weekend ahead. Seeya tonite if you're singing with choir =)

Just me,
Jeremiah Liew