Monday, May 14, 2007

Jackie Pullinger

An amazing woman. Heard much about her and we finally met her and heard her first hand. Hearing about her faith, about how she trusts God to provide for her in foreign and dangerous place, gives me a new courage to give my life away for His Kingdom.

Her stories were so real. I could almost imagine the visuals in my mind. The emotions so real, and they lead me to think about the girls at The Tent, especially one of whom I have to know very dearly.

I understand that the ministry with the poor is not a once-off. It's lifestyle of giving. It requires my life. I'm prepared to give to these girls, to love them, to take care of them. I even have this thought to bring one of them back home so that she can be protected from the people closest to her who have hurt her. But hearing what Jackie shared blew my mind. She just invited gangsters to live in her house, not just one , but .. a lot .. I'm not sure how many but enough to invade her private space.

Her secret receipe: the grace of God. We all need that. I need that too.

No comments: