Had a good time worshipping God on platform last Leader's meeting on Tues night.
The challenge given by Ps. Eugene that night was: Do you love the church? Church itself takes on a wider meaning to encompass not only FCBC but the Church of Singapore and the nations. He shared from the Ephesians message on how husband and wife should love each other. Particularly, the husband ought to love his wife the way Christ love the church! And God is this context, is also illustrating the fact that Christ loves the church, thereby we as believers, should also love the church the way our God does!
Remember that some months back (last year), Chaoyang shared this with us during one of our combined G12 sessions at AMK. Do we love the church? My first honest response is, erm, actually I don't. But as I began to ask God to help me love the church, as I gave thanks for the church, more specifically for FCBC, on how the Lord has blessed us with the facilities, with people who love people. Yes there are imperfections, just as all of us are imperfect, we learn to bear with one another ... simply because we are family.
I think it's been a while since this thing about church and family is discussed openly. Or at least, it didn't really sink in for me. There was this cartoon that has this tag line: Ohana means family. Was in this cell group where the family concept is central. We see each sister and brother as our family. We love, or learn to love with the sincere love of God. It breaks our hearts to see our family members falling away or not walking right with God. We also envisioned how we will continue to hang out even when we are old and our kids play with each other. Right. On how Lynn's kids will act cute and Ben's kids be sprouting sarcastic jokes. I think that this is still possible. The dream can become reality! It takes effort and commitment. Are we willing to lay our lives for one another?
This year, I wrote in my warrior matrix that I want to grow in having sincere love for my fellow sisters, that I will grow to love them deeply from the heart (1 Peter 1:22). This verse first jumped out at me when I was in NTU. I find it a tough call. If I were to love without God, it is impossible!
Yet truly, I hope to grow to love and serve them ... and bring glory to God. May the world will come to know God because they see that we are His people who love one another. Amen.
Saturday, March 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment