Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Hot Spell

Just woke up from a 2 hour nappy. My study-sleep ratio has improved slighly. Now is 1:1. It was 1:3 last weekend I think. haha:)

Really kinda hot these days. Maybe that's what making me so lethargic. Went with Mum to lunch and back today. I was so satisfied by the ice-cream we bought on our way home. Yummy, simply delicious :P

A different kind of hot spell took place at home lately. Or rather it got hotter recently. Mum is now my roomie. We bunk on the same different bed - it's a double decker. We exchange beds on alternative days. Depends on the shift she is working. Derived rule: Whoever needs to wake up earlier the next morning will take the lower deck. Reason being, we are both light sleepers (I had thought that I sleep like a hog). I was kinda "suffering" when Mum first moved in, and she was sleeping on top (cos she do not appreciate the fan blowing below). She was on AM shift and woke at 5+am... and I woke up with here as well. :( I thought if this goes on, I will turn into a pandress. :P

In a way, I thank God for this "hot spell". It's the driving reason for my mum to attend Chinese Service on a regular basis. She just went to FCBC @ EXPO for the very first time! Erm, I think it was also my first time to Chinese Service since we shifted to Expo. And she enjoys it! Taiwanese Streams of Praise was at our service! But I think she enjoys Ps Khong's preaching more. Man, I'm really proud of Ps Khong. His Chinese is pretty good huh. If not for her AM/PM shift this sunday, Mum would probably be going this week too. She said that she will apply for PM shift the following week so that she can go church. Praise God! :) Mum is open, and she indicated that she is interested to join a cell group. The rest of us are still praying for her salvation.

Indeed, we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Rom 8:28

No comments: