Friday, July 07, 2006

Lasik -- Eagle's vision?

I saw the glaring red laser light. I was a small bright spark then it got blurrer and bigger.

Then at one point, I'm not sure if I was opening or closing my eyes. Cos my vision was just a blank. White. Nothing.

I did felt some slight stinging feeling in my eye during the op. Thank God still bearable.

I saw a flap of my eye open. It's like a transparent cover being lifted off. Then the laser proceeded to do it's magic.

The whole time, I was supposed to open my eyes (I'm forced to anyway, as the apparatus was cramping my eyelid) and focus on the red light. It was quite uncomfortable. In my mind I was thinking, why in the world did I put myself thru' this. Well, too late now.

Ok. Done-ed. "Congratulations, you got new eyes!" beamed the doc. He was really a very smiley and re-assuring surgeon. Has a little high pitch voice tone though. haha.

He closed the flap. It's like pasting the flap back. You know, when we were in pri sch, there was a kind of glue which you apply with a little plastic brush. I saw him "paint" my eye with this white "plastic brush". *cringe*

Within 1/2 hr, both eyes been lasik-ed. I felt like I could hardly open my eyes. Very uncomfortable. I was let to a couch to just rest. Nearby was some biscuits and drinks dispenser. I simply closed my eyes. It was early in the morning,. Good to catch some sleep there and then too. Might as well.

After some checking up, the doc affirmed that everything went fine. And I headed home with my mum. Think my steps were quite wobbly. Luckily never bang into any wall.

At the end of the day, it's a wonderful thing that .... I don't have to grope about my for specs the moment I wake up. But actually, at the first waking moment after my nap from the op I did. Hee forgot that I can see now! =)

Am told that my eyes still take time to recover and regain vision fully. Now, I feel like .. I'm wearing contact lens ... a little dry. At night, got "halo effect". Guess these are just temporal.

Hopefully the eyes will get better as the days go by =)

2 comments:

HisEagle said...

Congrats!! Haha, welcome to the perfect eye-sight club! =)

bluecrystal said...

Wah! How much did the whole thing cost?