Long time since the last time I had a dream in my sleep - and I remember it when I wake up. Gonna describe it here, but in no coherent order.
==============
Scene 1: In a packed MPV
A bunch of us were just done with our groceries shopping at a mega supermart with super steep escalators. All loaded up into someone's MPV.
*groceries shopping - reminds me of NTU days when we thronged NTUC Fairprice on the day we "booked in" to hostel from home
*mega supermart with super steep escalators = Carrefour?
*someone's MPV - so far the only MPV I've been on is my boss' :)
Anyway, WHO is this BUNCH of people? Erm .. they are actually the people (guys) who tried to woo me in the past (emphasis here), plus some gals (and I forgot who's in there), plus erm the guy who likes to see stars. What an odd combi right? All the guys (except one) were trying to catch up with me. He was just appearing quiet and suddenly passed round a packet of Timeout chocolates - half unwrapped for easy consumption. My heart just melted.
*see stars - yup we saw a lot of stars in Cambodia with the background music accompaniment of Teresa Teng's moon song
*Timeout chocolates - mum bought lots of them recently; and I ate lots of it as well :P
==============
Scene 2: In my living room
Chaos! There was this dog at home trying to play biting with me. (I "wonder" which dog) Not only that, there were tons of cats too wanting to play. No! I was just frantically fanning them off - using a cushion?
*dog at home - everyone knows who's that
*cats - ya there are lots of stray cats in my vicinity
*cushion - I slept with 2 big cushions on my bed; no wonder I dreamt of one of them?
==============
Scene 3: In my room
Many of my relatives were at my house. ALL the relatives' kids were in my room, wanting to play. Can you imagine, a little room packed with screaming kids? One smart one suggested that we (my sister and I) sing them a song. Mai tu liao, my sister picked up her guitar and wanted to lead worship for these kids. Guess she was feeling overwhelmed at this first sign of breakthrough in the family. She led us through some "I will live for you" song and shortly broke down in tears. Meanwhile, some kids were persuading me to sing for them. I did, following the rhythm of my sister's song. And they wowed in Mandarin, "Wah, like a star!"
I got the kids settled down a little and brought them into a time of quieter worship. An opening prayer for them about our everlasting God who is the Beginning and the End. A God who knows us intimately because He is our Creator. Something that the Lord impressed upon my heart last week from a worship song lyrics which I referenced it to Isa 40:28 and Ps 90:2b. I saw across the room, in my parents' room where the adults were. Like the kids, they were all listening. No one speaking except me. I led a simple song "Draw me nearer". No lyrics for the people. Out of nowhere, a special friend came in and helped us write the lyrics on a mahjong paper. Guess this is one of the loving ways through acts of service. Ya, I was very touched by the Holy Spirit. I fell on my knees, bowed my head, stretched forward my hands and worshipped the Lord.
And I woke up. Still feeling touched =)
==============
Sometimes dreams can really reveal our hearts to us. I speak so especially for Scene 3 above. Last night before bedtime, I was talking with God and was reading Est 4:14b and 2 Tim 4:7-8. Was journaling this down and felt to entitle the entry as "Fulfilling my destiny in Christ". Got to submit my 2006 plans to Huisi already. And I'm still seeking God's destiny for me.
Guess the dream speak of my heart's desire to be used as an instrument for Him. People hear me sing, they get mesmerised. And as they listen more to the lyrics from the singer's heart, hopefully they will find God and acknowledge Him.
Gonna to process this thru' a little further. Going into more details like how and when. But for one thing, dreams are very tiring for the mind. I woke up feeling really tired - hmm can also be attributed to the 5am toilet break? Ya and get tramatised by the leaping lizard.
So there ... I love Saturdays =)
Saturday, January 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment