Ok let's back track 15 years. Given this qns, what will my answer be?
Hee was reading this book about heeding life's calling, I was encouraged to ask myself this question. Seriously, I didn't really give much thought to this. Guess life was simply too busy for since I was a very young lady. I feel like I was living life for life's sake ... oh well..
Say it will be easier if this condition is given: Whatever I want to be, God has given me the every ability or giftings.
Ok here goes the list of wildest dream jobs:
1. Dancer
2. Singer
3. Actor
4. Writer
5. Composer
6. Musician
7. Photo journalist
8. Air stewardess
9. Dive instructor
10. Lawyer
11. Artist
12. Actuary
Just a list of jobs I think off the shelf abt the things I like to do. Most of these I daresay are out of the main stream kind of jobs. And yup, either I feel I lack the necessary skills or the guts to try them out?
Somewhere along my growing years, feel like I'm falling more and more into the main stream of commoners. E.g., choosing Science stream instead of Arts, getting into NPCC instead of sports, business instead of communication studies, NTU instead of some UK uni ..
Actually even as I'm typing out these raw thoughts, I know that the choices I've made and where I'm now is a stepping stone to where I could be and could be doing. Like Pastor Lawrence said 2 sermons ago, joy is a choice. Sometimes work can get dreary, things coming against you, guess we just to find joy, little as it may be, in doing the things we do.
Everyday on my way to work, this is what I pray: Oh Lord, let Your joy fill my heart. Help me Lord with the demands of today. Grant me Your wisdom, strength and favour.
Monday, November 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment