It started from an inclination to work out. The weather looks fine. A simple jog in the vicinity sounds too boring. Eventually a plan conspired. Yeah - cycling at ECP.
10am, I got my bike on the road. Peddling peddling .. cool.. keep it up, stay close to the road side. Lord, I pray for journey mercy.. *Honk honk* Oops, car making turn, think it's a better idea to cycle on the pavement as far as possible.Oh reach ECP liao! Man, the sun is out. Super hot. Feel like my out-stretched arms were just bbq-ing away. Aiya, next time must rem to bring my shades and mp3 player - at least safe enough to listen at ECP.
Peddling peddling .. Bedok jetty, East Coast Sea Sports Club, National Sailing Centre .. and way beyond. Oh look at the wind surfs sailing on the sea! Got to try it someday. For now, wonder if I can make it back home later...
*****
The whole endeavour ended at ard 1.45pm at my house. I tell you, I really almost didn't make it back home. And I was so hungry on the return journey. The noon sun was blazing. Some traffic lights just took longer to turn green. My feeble legs were trying their best .. really..
Haha in the end I succumbed. FOOD! Stopped by a little coffeeshop for lunch. Auntie, whatever you have. Just give it to me! (haha of course not so drama lah). Felt MUCH better after that. The rest of the journey was a breeze. :)
*****
Now,I look like a "burn" fan shu :p
Haha at least my face still ok cos I applied sun block. I've learnt - never leave home without it. My arms kenna the most. Reddish brown and quite painful. Got short-sleeve tan lines too. Yup, next time better to wear sleeveless. Got a big bruise on my right leg too. *Ouch*
Overall it was a very good experience for me. Actually day cycling can be quite fun too. Just this morning, I'm thinking of exploring the route from my home to Esplanade on a Sun morning.
Jio-ed yonglin for the next cycling endeavour. Hee we see how it goes. :)

2 comments:
Ouch! You poor girl! For your sunburns, fresh milk bath helps to soothe, heal and moisturise the chao-dah skin. Very luxurious, you'd love the smooth skin after that :)
Then slather on generously refrigerated aloe vera gel or Burnaid gel to soothe the pain and promote healing.
Next time dun forget to sunscreen your arms, back and shoulders!
haha.. if dun mind.. can always jio me.. i like cycling!! if you rem me that is.. =)
Post a Comment