Monday, April 04, 2005

A purpose driven life?

Was feeling kinda stretched over the past week or so. Especially the last few days before my study leave on 1st Apr, I actually "gave my life" to my company, staying till 11.30pm in office clearing work.

At times I complained. Sometimes I lost my cool. But I'm so glad that I'm finally able to stay home for the next about 10 days.

During this period, feel that the Lord is teaching 2 big areas:
1. Purpose in life
2. Strength in character

1. This surfaced during my department meeting end of last mth when colleague PS shared a teaching on life's purpose from, guess who? Benny Ho! And PS is a non-believer. Cool! Out of some fun and curiosity, I asked her what's her purpose in life then. Anyway, the question got shot back to me by my boss EC.. I found that I couldn't really answer in a secular manner. I mean, how to re-word this "My purpose in life is to live a life worthy of the calling God has for me. I want to serve Him and worship Him. I want to bring the Gospel to the ends of the earth".

I hope to be fully convicted of this desire and be able to explain this to the next person who asks me - in the context they can understand, and that I won't be present myself as being too preachy ... or holy?

Also soon be either "renewing" my contract with Corporate Planning dept or returning to Actuarial dept. I hope to stay on in CP. We shall see after my exams ..

2.And yes, I was saying that work was tiring me out and all.. then I read Proverbs 31, on the wife of noble character. Man ... what a woman! She gets up early in the dusk, shrewd in finances and investments, provide the needs of her husband and family... till night. Amazing.

Especially like this verse:

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come." Pro 31:25.

Certainly need the strength of character to do that.

Recently some stuff going on in my family (again). Sorry no details here. All I can say is some communication problems between my parents. But things still ok compared to what a brother shared about his own family. Like him, I really pray that there will be no surprises .. till my exam on the 13th.

The Lord is good. Been showing some verses here and there. E.g.:

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you." (Psalms 32:8)

"Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord." (Psalms 31:24)

"... the Lord's unfailing love is surrounds the man who trusts in him." (Psalms 32:10)

Conclusion? I love Psalms hahaha.

I feel so strongly that the Lord is with me thru' all these, revealing His purpose for me in my career, family, service to Him, relationships.. etc.

5 comments:

HisEagle said...

Ya Lovely, be strong! =)

God is our refuge & strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.

Therefore we'll not fear,
tho e earth gif way & e mountains falls into e heart of e sea,
tho its water roar & foam & e mountains quake wif their surging. =)

~Psalm 46

Anonymous said...

Hello gal!
Haha..5 mins ago i was reading Psalm 32 too! And now i'm listening to "Still" which resonates with Psalm 46.(check out Eagle's comment) =)

Hang in there gal..God is walking each step with you!

lovely said...

Yo yo!

Actually I thought of this psalm on the bus ride to town yesterday!

Thought of encouraging you with this .. .when I get home and have my bible with me... heh in the end you got it 1st!

Thanks bro!

"There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells.

God is within you, you will not fall; God will help you at break of day."

(Psalms 46:4-5)

lovely said...

Yup pinkeggyolk!

That too! God is so COOL!

May you also be encouraged by the Word! (",)

HisEagle said...

Amen Amen!! He is just awesome!! =)

He is strong to deliver, mighty in saving!! =)