Monday, June 25, 2007

I will not forget you

It's a promise from God - for me.

About a month ago, I got this gnawing thought that somehow God has forgotten about me. The feeling is akin to being left behind when everybody else is ruptured. Or along more earthly tunes, it's like everyone else is riding on His blessings, moving on etc. While I feel more stuck than ever. Back here, tuckered behind the crowd, inconspicuous and all. Ok. Full-stop over here. Ain't go any further with this e-grumbling.

There came one night I was spending some time with God. I heard Him say "I will not forget you." It dawned upon me that I do not 100% believe in God that He has plans to prosper me and plans to give me a hope and a future.

And half a month later, I just sensed that I need to re-read the book by Max Lucado "Come Thirsty". Thought of cutting the chase and flipped right to the last few pages. This particular passage caught my attention, spoke right to my spirit:

You sometimes say, "The Lord has deserted me, the Lord has forgotten me." But can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for a child she has borne? Even if that were possible, I would not forget you! I paid for you with the precious lifebllod of Christ, my sinless, spotless lamb. No one will snatch you away from Me. See I have written your name on my hand.

Isa 49:14-16, 1 Pet 1:19, John 10:28

Guess it's just too easy as we go on our journey, not seeing what's ahead and doubt if God is really who He claims to be. Or perhaps we don't really know who God is. Anyway, I don't think we can ever fully understand God. That, we will find out when we go Home. For now, I believe that God is Jevhovah Jireh, my Provider. And I do want to continue to know Him more each day.

The Isa 49 verses came out again during the message by a pastor during my brother's wedding last saturday. The words are still clear: I will not forget you! And I think the passage is not pre-planned as they are not printed on the order of service along with the other verses. I feel that God is really speaking to me.

And again, yesterday, Pastor Lawrence in his closing prayer, he said that God remembers, He will not forget you. I mean, I don't know what else to say - except God has such excellent memory? *blah*

God knows exactly where He has placed us and where He will place us in future. He can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Not only my name is engraved on the back of His hand, my destiny is too. For He says, "I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you and give you a future."

My prayer is that He will bring me to my knees to know who He truly is. And allow the Holy Spirit to have more of me. Amen.

No comments: