The day started at 7am when the alarm clock rang. I walked with a bounce or 2 towards the Tent. Am eager to step foot into the place once again and interact with the gals.
At first was a bit apprehensive, hmm my gal was discharged from the place already leh.. do the rest of the gals know me? Anyway, before I can set my bearings about where to head, I heard my name 'hello are you Lynn?' There are a few gals waving to me .. hee those are my gal's good friends .. recognise their faces. 'You cut your hair right? From far, we are like thinking if you are lynn or not'. Cool. No sweat.
Putting on my brightest smile and more of my 'I' characteristics, I introduced myself and did small talk with some of the girls and the volunteers. Talked more with this volunteer from NHG .. hee she knows Sam the divemaster I went diving with in Phuket this year Apr. She looks pretty 'matured' but I din see any ring on her finger and she mentioned about staying with her sister .. erm... I decided not to ask her the taboo qns :P
Then Yuling came along too. Glad to have a companion. We are in the same group. It was fun seeing the gals leading and organising the group. The games are ... out of my league man. We tried to catch fish using a small net (not easy!), did fishing (wormy business) and got a froggie to jump in the right direction (I'm sorry this one, my contribution is minimal!). I got a limited edition The Tent young designer's customised mug as an appreciation gift. Hee .. Gemma says she thinks it's the nicest. I kio-deo :P Oh, we finished off with lunch (long awaited) and line dance (super confusing turns and taps)! haha
Through my sharing with Yuling, I find that God is reminding me of His words spoken to me before. I was telling her that I was having a rough time juggling studies and work when I first started and one evening while walking home, I felt God spoke to me that when I come to the end of myself, I would know that He is God. That's abt 3 years ago. Learning to let go along the way. Last Apr, I could really tesify it is God when I passed my CT5 (actuarial) exam. I know myself. That time round, I wouldn't be able to clear the paper without God.
And one more thing God has spoken that's really cool. I remember that I was waiting for MCYS to clear the admin so that I can start volunteering at the Tent. One day on the bus, I felt like asking God for a name of a girl who's there whom I could pray for. A God-given qns returned a God-given ans: Shirley. Hmm don't ask me how I got the name. I just got it! I think I was also thinking of variations this name, say a different spelling, or it can be a Chinese name eg. Xue Li. Ok, then I prayed for this gal that God would heal her broken heart, see to her needs, give her hope and love.
A few weeks/months passed by, and I finally got to the Tent and started my tutoring work. Ok, I had known that the gal's name is Jeslyn, not Shirley, whom I thought God would assign me with. I asked Jeslyn 'Er.. do you all have a gal named Shirley here?'. Nope is the answer. Hmm, I thought I had heard God wrongly. Oh well nvm. And guess what, just when we returned to the Tent today after a whole day of fun, Yuling was saying 'Ok I go say bye bye to Shirly first.'. The name caught my attention. 'What? What's her name?' Somehow it didn't register in the morning when she intro herself in the bus. Or did she? Anyway, I felt very affirmed in my spirit 'Yes God, I had heard you correctly!' We had chance to also chat with Shirly's aunt and know that she attends CCC where she is also bringing her niece.... well well .... I see open doors here ...
I'm very happy to serve at the Tent. Hope to be able to do more next year. Got a feeling I may be given Angie to tutor. One thing, she looks a lot like my secondary school's classmate.
So blessed =)
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It has been a while since you last blog. Glad you are finding time. Great to hear you serving in the Tent! May your territory be enlarged and may many lives be transformed because of you;P
Aw ... thanks bro-in-law :P
Post a Comment