Monday, May 08, 2006

The Tent

Been to The Tent just now. It's a temporary shelter for girls who do not have a place they call home. Define home as a place where there is safety and protection. I was just so eager to get there. Ok I was late again, but really tried to get there on time. Last night, I was praying that I will be able to get off work on time just so that I can get there.

It's an answered prayer. At least, at the moment I think it is. God moves, when the vessel is willing. Beginning of the year, we were planning our 2006 endeavours and roaring pursues for the Lord. I was like, God, can you show me what you want me to do? Then, after that, I was hmm, Lord, I think I got no time to do Your things leh. Huh Lord, You want my life ah? Can don't or not? Thank God that meter having swerved to the left is now back at equilibrum and now tilting towards the right. Phew *sweat*.

Yup finally finally. I'm just done with my Apr exams. Been on a rioting Phuket dive trip. Got over the promo fear. In the midst of a mega project but hey, things aren't as scary as it seemed. Somebody get that mousey outta there please. (Oh by the way, now my office bar consuming of food in the office cos they just caught a big rat this morning from the 6th floor - the corporate office level)

Yes, I was saying about The Tent. Answered prayers. I was there, listening to the interviewer (Note contradiction: listening and interviewer). Trying to size up the gist of the organisation. Ok at first I thought it's a Christian hostel now it's isn't. It's non religious, no christian umbrella overhead. Just a Catholic history. Did I hear alarm bells? *ring ring*? Nah it's history lah. It's now an independent organisation. Richly blessed with aid from influential people.

Some months back I was reading a book entitled "Forgiving the Dead Man Walking". I think I blogged this before. It's about a girl kena kidnapped and raped by a pair of baddies. Who put on a brave front thru' to put the criminals to justice and reinstate a boyfriend who was unable to protect her. Who finally broke down and walloped by fear and depression. And who eventually chose to forgive - by the grace of God - and got set free.

And some months later, I was just travelling on the bus. And I was reminded by this story. I felt indignant for girls who had to go thru such ordeal. I saw something on a poster today that went something like "Sexuality is not sex. It is about you, and you are a masterpiece." Amen. Ps 139, we are wonderfully and fearfully made by the Lord in our mother's womb. Before we are conceived, God knows us! He sees and carefully crafts our innermost being. Unique sons and daughters of Adam and Eve.

This lobang to give tuition at The Tent came somewhere in Mar I think. Went thru the cycle of seeking the Lord and consulting Huisi. Hey got to make sure that this is of God first mah. And also got to see if motive is right loh. For me, I just wanna serve in an area where I can feel connected with. Hee another area will be reaching out to divers :) That, for now, no prompting yet haha. That time as I was praying about it, the more I feel this is what the Lord has opened for me. I even had the notion that I will meet a gal named Shirley there. Where did this name come from man? Coincidently, there is a IT manager in my company by this name. Anyway.

Really, Isa 61, I pray that God will use me to set the captives free. Bestow a crown of beauty instead of ashes. Oil of gladness instead of mourning. Garment of praise instead of spirit of despair. Turn every weary feet into feet of dancing! Got this heart for desolate ladies, esp those kena bullied by guys. Don't ask me why.

Gemma (cool name right?) was explaining to me the meaning of The TenT. See the 2 crosses there? Actually their logo got a 3-D effect such that the first T looks smaller (ie. further) and of a darker shade of blue than the second one. The Tent itself signifies a temporary shelter. Like the Tabernacle in the old Testament. Every person who enters the Tabernacle is protected and has his dignity restored. And the aim of this organisation is to bring the occupants out of darkness and into the marvellous light (of God).

Reminds me of a song:

Only in the dark where I can't seem to see
I learn to hear Your whisper gently guiding me
Reach out for the Hand that bears the light
So my step is right
Only in the dark

Ok ... actually got to wait for some time for the admin to clear before I start the weekly tuition thingy. And the commitment is preferably at least about 1 yr. Then what about my actuarial exams? Hmm, I don't know. Say, I have the every intention to drop it - for something of eternal value :)

Alrighty, sleepy bear kinda sleepy already man. Actually not really lah. Too excited after typing this posting. Side track: Aiyo, why my keyboard so dusty one. And oh, we discovered that Gemma is actually my neighbour! She lives directly 7 floors above me. Where have I been all my life? Haha. Ok, got to hit the bed. Cannot take it liao. Zzzzz.. tmr got cell group. Can see mother bear .. and baby bear .. :)

No comments: