Saturday, April 15, 2006

Phuket

Flew on a jetplane to Phuket. Left after a string of events. Thank God for this trip. His timing for such getaways is always perfect.

The 2 weeks before was like ... I felt like I was in the pits? Stressing for Actuarial exam, keep falling sick (still sick during the paper itself), storm erupted at home - letting out a glimpse of the fragile facade of deeper root issues - just few days before my paper.

Thank God for His presence during the prayer meeting I went for straight after my exam. His Rhema Word (Word for the present circumstance) spoke powerfully through a sister who prayed for me. Healing for the soul. The human tendency to want to fend for myself. The helplessness. The injustice. God says He will fight for me. He is my refuge. The rest of the meeting was very good. Learned about the spirit of conquest. Some take home thoughts: What are we conquering? What are we doing with God's Word?

==================

PHUKET

Leopard sharks. Blue-spotted stingrays. Lion fish. Multi-coloured squid. Shrimps. Crabs. Seahorse. LOTS of fish.

The underworld was just so beautiful. Awesome. Magnificent. Breathtaking. I thank God for every life that I see down there. The deepest dive I've ever been was the wreck dive when we went to explore a sunken vessel - KingCruiser - 30.2m deep from the surface. Something like a Titanic kinda experience. We went down .. hee and the first thing I saw was the great white throne. Haha. We explored the various decks of the ship. So much so much fish. They came in and out in schools. Hold my breath a little, and the fish will come round me. Like how my friend put it, he feels like the Little Mermaid.

We had the trip planned with the help of a dive instructor who is my elder bro's gf's cousin. Yep, you got the idea :P Can hardly tell that he's a 40+ year old guy with 3 kids. The 3 of us (me, colleague, and colleague's friend) got along with him pretty well throughout the trip. We had arranged to meet a bunch of our friends at Patong Beach where we tried jet-skiing and para-sailing. Both of which are my first time. Watch out for the Lynn the flying fish haha.

Alright back to ashore Singapore. Hopefully the next dive trip will be in 6 months time ie. October. Gonna see how it goes. Tata!

No comments: